Wednesday, January 23, 2013

What I Wore...Snakeskin Skinnies and Boots

Can all of the Midwesterners let out a collective "B-r-r-r?"  It's been a frigid week.  I'm keeping out layers, particularly skinnies and boots.  My husband snapped the pictures as quickly as possible so I didn't freeze!

Earlier in the fall I bought a pair of snakeskin skinny pants.  It's hard for me to wear them, as I try to pair something that's bold with a more conservative item.

I like to keep outfits balanced so I don't feel self-conscious...just a personal thing.  Even so, the belt detail with the pants is about as embellished as I want to be! Being petite means that lots of accessories tend to look "I'm dressing up in my mommy's clothes" very quickly.  I finally wore the pants to church this Sunday.

Cardigan-Old Navy, Top-Anthro, Belt-Loft, Pants-Target, Boots-Clarks


I like the snakeskin pattern because it's a neutral color and the design isn't overwhelming.  However, I'm still hunting through my closet for other everyday outfits to use these pants with during the week.


Found this cute belt after Christmas.  I'm looking for opportunities to use this too, although it needs a little tweaking.  The end tends hang out instead of staying tucked, which looks sloppy.  I need to put in velcro to secure the end, perhaps also punching another hole so it doesn't sag when I'm active.  Other ideas welcome!


This is pretty typical for me, especially on these colder days when the house is a bit colder too.  Skinny jeans, boots, tee of some type, cardigan.

 
 I like the watercolor effect in the fabric of this top from Anthro...sale rack, of course.  These boots are from Payless Shoe Source and I have to say they are pretty warm, comfortable, and have that wintry lodge vibe.



 

 That's all from the land of the frozen...literally.  We have no snow, but plenty of icy temperatures.  Our backyard neighbors have converted their entire yard into an ice rink so we have hockey games to go along with the weather.  Pretty cool to see a big ol' homemade ice rink in the Chicago burbs.

Keep the fires burning and stay warm!

Sharing here at the Pleated Poppy for What I Wore Wednesday.





No comments:

Post a Comment